Computer Basic Training is a 4 session course that focuses on basic understanding and use of the Computer, Email, Internet, and word processing skill using a program like Microsoft Word or Open Office.
The value of this course is that it will be “hands on”. Each student will receive personal instruction and be able to ask questions to clarify their understanding of each subject.
The course consist of four, two hour classes. The class will meet once a week for 4 weeks.
Each week the student will receive detailed notes to help them grasp that week’s lesson and to refer back to later.
Computer Basic Training Course Outline
Week 1: Becoming Familiar with Your Computer
– General overview & windows updates
– Tips on using your mouse and keyboard
– Discovering helpful programs already installed on your computer
– How to save and store pictures & documents on your computer
– How to copy & Paste files, documents, or photos
– How to create a folder to store files in
– How to make your computer a very useful tool to organize your life
Week 2: How to Use The Internet
– Internet Vocabulary
– Finding a specific web address (domains)
– How to use search engines
– Identifying and evaluating search engine results
– Finding & using Google images
– Understanding hyperlinks
– Scrolling, the back button, and bookmarking web pages
– Printing a web page
– Helpful websites that you will use everyday
Week 3: How to Set Up & Use Email
– How to connect to Wi Fi
– Email overview
– Understanding the email folder system
– Creating a g-mail account with Google
– How to attach and send a photo using email
– How and where to save a photo sent to you by email
– How to sync you email to your phone or iPad using g-mail
Week 4: Using a Program like Microsoft Word or Open Office
– Basic use and overview of Microsoft Word or Open Office
– How to create a document
– Basic formatting of text using bold, italic, underline, colors, and other styles settings
– Where and how to save your document
– How to search and find a document you can’t locate
– How to save your document as a PDF
– How to send your Word document to another person
If you are interested in the Computer Basic Training Course fill out the form below and let us know.